Thursday, May 04, 2006

Karma

I don't know if I killed a nun or kicked a puppy in a former life, however, if there is such a thing as Karma, it just bit me in my abundant gluteus maximus. Yesterday was the day from hell. Not only did I have meetings continuously (to the point where I actually was 5 minutes late for one and had to explain my tardiness because of having to pee - lemme tell ya my PM turned red at that one..hey that is what you get for asking why after I apologized for being 5 fucking minutes late) - my wallet was stolen from my backpack on my way home. Some enterprising and obviously very talented pickpocket removed it from the outside pocket of my backpack somewhere between the main trainstation and home.

I didn't realize it was gone until I arrived at a bus stop and tried to retrieve it (my travel pass was in it) in order to pay the bus fare. I proceeded to dump the entire contents on the bus stop bench (freshly wrapped salmon from the store as well) and frantically search for it...all the while my blood pressure is rising, my heart rate speeding up and my stomach going into a knot that would make a sailor proud. After searching for a good 10 minutes...nada.

Arrive home via tram (thankfully you can buy tickets with your mobile phone here for the tram) and walk through the door. Mira comes happily bounding around the corner to give me a hug and pusu hello with a big smile on her face (it is adorable..she does it every day and it usually makes me smile) when she notices the grey color of my skin and the redness to my eyes which signals eminent tears and stops dead in her tracks. She asks what's wrong and I tell her. She then asks me calmly to retrace my steps in my head and tell her where I was and what I did and also to dump the backpack contents on the bed (luckily the salmon was well wrapped).... Nada again...

So..after inventorying my wallet (what I remember was in it), calls to the bank to cancel my cards, the police to file a police report we finally started dinner.

Karma just gave me no Finnish id, and no bank card, no travel card, no travel insurance card, no web bank codes..... BASTARDS!!!!! The only saving grace of this whole thing (and it is ironic too) is that I am as poor as a church mouse right now and the 1 credit card I have here was actually in my pocket due to using it to pay for the dinner fixings...

We then decided it was time to break into the Moët & Chandon and celebrate that it could have been worse...

So today it is off to the bank with my passport (luckily that was at home) to get them to send me a new web bank code card, then to the police station to get a new license ordered...meetings be damned!

5 comments:

Hale said...

Yes, definetely you have killed a nun by kicking a puppy at her in your former life.

Poor thing. It's not like you'd have NOTHING else to do but run around getting new cards etc etc.

Think about Pink. Tickets are waiting safely at my home.

Anonymous said...

SUGA FOR YOU!!!!!!!

*rinse*
*repeat*

a lot...

Anzi said...

I've gotten my wallet stolen twice. It's a bitch, it really is.

Anonymous said...

wow, that blows. sorry to hear it. I had my car stolen once and that was no fun. But I didn't have to deal with the DMV at all for that one, so really, I pity you more....Sending you some good karma...and a good drink! ;)

Kalmanuppi said...

Atleast I was mugged for my wallet.
Getting everything renewed is the bigest pain.
And it is even worse frustration the wallet turns up in lost&found (the office, not the bar)after you've paid your ass blue for everything...