Tuesday, May 23, 2006

"Paying your ass blue"

That is something Hank called what you do when you lose or have your wallet stolen and have to replace everything in it... Well I didn't pay it blue..but more of an aquamarine... I had to pay the 50€ for a duplicate license, 10€ for the temporary one incase the coppers stop me while my dup is being made - I don't look like a raving lunatic axe murderer like Hank, but I didn't want the 35€ fine if they stopped me and I didn't have it - 12€ to the credit people for canceling my cards so they wouldn't be used.. A new travel card would cost 8€, and a new Kela card too..and a new travel insurance card... yaddayaddayadda

..Payed all that money to have my wallet delivered in the post... Seriously. It was found in a trash can and sent to me...with everything in it.. Mom obviously gave me some luck... including at the Roulette table... I hit twice :)

.....

2 comments:

Kalmanuppi said...

Finland is that way ;)

I never got my wallet back, but miscellaneous objects started dropping in the mail after a week...

Anzi said...

I got my wallet back both times it was stolen. The second time I got it back *one year* after the theft. It had everything in it, except for the money, bank card, and Stockmann credit card. Someone had found it *on the roof* of a building and sent it to the police who then contacted me.

The world is a strange place.