Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dem...

I like Patti Davis. There I said it. Me, the lifelong Dem; the bleeding heart liberal likes (gasp) a Reagan.

In reading her writings for Newsweek and other various publications, I have come to admire this woman. I just read an article dated May 17th on msnbc.com authored by Ms. Davis and the contrast between her and her father (who never acknowledged the existence AIDS during his entire presidency) is amazing. Here the daughter of one of the most conservative modern presidents the US has known believes marriage should be about love and not gender , stem cell research should be encouraged (obviously her father's passing from such a devestating disease as Alzheimer's is a factor in her support), and the ANWR should be protected. If you get a chance, take a gander at her column on msnbc.com.

To go back to the liberal thing. I am unashamed of being one. I wear it proudly and have no problems saying I am a liberal. It has become so common in the US, thanks to a MASTERFUL campaign run by Mr. Rove who deserves full credit and cudos (if only the Dem's had you) to make liberal into a swear word. My blood starts to boil when I hear it spat out like an epithet of the worst calliber. There is nothing wrong with being liberal. There is nothing wrong with voting for a Democrat and judging from some very recent polls, more states may be turning blue.

..and yes..I voted for the other guy....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what has taken your beloved Dems so long to finally decide that marriage isn't about gender? I know of a certain political party that has been screaming that from the very beginning!! :-)

And some 49% of Americans seem to vote Dem, and yet, more and more states are banning gay marriage. Your Dems ain't doing a very good job!!

Anonymous said...

As I said Phil, Mr. Rove is a master at political campaigning. It was his mastermind which had many states (13 I believe) put a gay marriage ammendment on their ballots. It wasn't the Dems who did that. Granted they failed in countering the opposition.

You are a Lib (and I don't mean liberal) and I have come to expect your Dem bashing :)