Tuesday, November 29, 2005

uh-oh..maybe I should get 2?

For those of you who don't know, I have a deadly allergy to nuts. I was surfing MSNBC today and oh my. Some people don't get it..they think..allergy=pop a claritin or allegra and you will be fine.


Maybe I should get another epi-pen?

"SAGUENAY, Quebec - A 15-year-old girl with a peanut allergy died after
kissing her boyfriend, who had just eaten a peanut butter snack, hospital
officials said Monday.


Christina Desforges died in a Quebec hospital
Wednesday after doctors were unable to treat her allergic reaction to the kiss
the previous weekend.


Desforges, who lived in Saguenay, about 155 miles north
of Quebec City, was almost immediately given a shot of adrenaline, a standard
tool for treating the anaphylactic shock brought on by a peanut allergy,
officials said...."

4 comments:

Hale said...

Or maybe you should get a whole box of them..?

Yeah, I read that story too and yikes. I bet that boy is off peanutbuttersandwiches for good.

Anonymous said...

huhhuhuhhh....nuts.

Anonymous said...

I already tried to kill Sug with a snack bar, it didn't work. I sure as heck ain't gonna kiss ya to get the job done, so I guess your safe from me.

Anonymous said...

HEY, I'm not anonymous, this is BETH, I tried to kill sug with a freaking snack bar, stop trying to protect me you stupid blog.