Friday, April 28, 2006

Vappu

Vappu, closest translation in english Labor Day, is the day when the whole of Finland is drunk...I mean really drunk, everyone drinks until (s)he runs out of money or is unable to swallow. And there's some kind of holiday on 1st of May too. (thankfully mom isn't visiting until the 16th :) )

This weekend is bound to be filled with drunken debauchery. Not that I would participate. I am not like that. I will sit sedately home and have a knitting circle. ---NOT---

So this weekend is filled with drinking, balloons, public displays of affection (which is really not common here in Finland) and then more drinking. It also marks the unofficial start of Spring. Layers of clothes are pealed off (despite the weather..and it has been known to snow on Vappu) and silly behaviour is abundant. Okay..sounds like a typical weekend for me..minus the balloons...

Not only is it Vappu, but the Grey Bullet has been liberated from storage. Yes folks, the Black Widow (all 750 cc's of her) has been officially put in to use for the next 6 months. She is just as beautiful as I remember and I have smiled from ear to ear today driving to work...

So..Hauskaa Vappua everyone!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

huskevarna to you too SUG!

:-)

Kalmanuppi said...

Yu biatch!

I was just troubleshooting that [url=http://www.nullwave.net/bantam.jpg]black cock of mine[/url]... no *. Then *. Plug in, no *. Battery dead... Charging coil gone.
So I exchange the exhaust then; some klutz has done the claping ring into a oval. Its a soft alloy part...

So, a new wiring harness (the same bastard had brown wire for repairs and painters tape), coils, exhaust clamping ring, ignition capacitor... might as well put a ignition key and blinkers while I'm at it...

I'll get back to you when the Amal floods ;)