Friday, October 14, 2005

Alcohol and emotion

Right, so the other night I was out with Mira and we had dinner..and a few drinks. So drinks turned into more drinks..and before I knew it I was a bit tipsy. I think we were preparing our livers for Italy. Anywhozamawhatzit..discussions turned to "Who do you turn to (partner's, husbands, wives..etc excluded) when you really need to talk or just wanna hang out without having to say much." Long topic I know, but after many drinks, condensed conversation is not even remotely possible. I don't think she even finished the question before I answered it. I am not trying to disrespect my other very close friends, but let's face it: Most people have a friend that they can tell anything to. That friend that can know what you are thinking just by looking at you..and sometimes they don't even have to do that. So close that you almost share a brain. You know the type. That friend that puts up with your moody crappy attitude when you are tired and hungry. That friend that will not tell you how much they are not fond of your current S.O until AFTER you break up. That friend that you can call at 3AM..broken down on the side of the road 100 miles away and they will come get you. The one who you can show up on their doorstep and with just a glance and no questions asked they know that you just need to "be" and they hand you a drink without pushing the subject. The friend who will look at you and say "You are being a complete bitch."...and coming from them you know it is true.

The friend who no matter how long it has been since you last spoke..when you call or they call..it is like you just finished a conversation 5 minutes ago and are picking up from where you left off before the stupid call waiting beeped in... That friend that you will drive 70 miles each way several times a week to feed their cats and clean the litter boxes cause they are on vacation. That same friend who you will totally forget to pick up at the airport because you are too stupid to put the return flight information on the CORRECT day in your calendar thus resulting in said friend and spouse spending ungodly amounts of money on a taxi home from the airport to an entirely different state, and they STILL talk to you.....

Hours and hours of laughing so hard you almost pull a muscle...The friend who will honestly look at you and say: Yes that DOES make you look fat... I don't think I have to keep going...

Anyway..so I looked at Mira and without even thinking about it "Sug" came out of my mouth.

Totally serious. Sug is that friend.

Nothin but love for you SUG.... and incase anyone was curious..her actual name is Beth...and even though I live 7,000 miles away from her right now..she is still my best friend and I wouldn't have it any other way.

...wow..I am way too mushy...

2 comments:

Fusche said...

Who knew being mushy required a drug rehab?

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm sayin'