Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Know what time it is?

Right...so I have taken a few days off of blogging because of being intensely and painfully busy at work; not to mention the remodel project...which is STILL going on...

Today I went blog surfing through my friends' blogs and discovered:
1.) Melanie lives vicariously though mine and Mira's livers.
2.) Kristin is presently avoiding rolling in dead chickens
3.) Sarah has a job were people wake her up multiple times a night...
4.) John doesn't post stuff to his blog for long periods of time and neither does Duane.

I also discovered that, whilst some would think of my drunken antics as insanely annoying and downright juvenile, my friends (and people I don't know who are listening in) seem to find my drunken phone calls in the middle of the Finnish night amusing... Who knew?! Seriously...I have this horrible habit...Okay WE have this horrible habit (aside from smoking) of having that 1 extra drink that puts over the "sensible and mature" behavior line and sends us at breakneck metabolism speed, reserved soley for alcoholic beverages, directly to making drunken phone calls across oceans, continents and time zones to those we love. Sarah even gave me her number after one drunken email to her explaining that I was drunk and wanted to call her but couldn't find her mobile number... The silly girl actually replied and GAVE it to me :) Ya get what ya give I say...

I am wondering if I should invest in this (from Geek.com):
"The folks at Virgin Mobile of Australia seem to be thinking outside the box. Just in time for the holiday season and its numerous parties, a new service will be provided by the wireless company that will prevent embarrassing late-night drunken phone calls. This seems to be quite a problem, considering the company surveyed 409 people and found that 95% of them have made drunken phone calls. Wireless customers will now be able to save themselves by dialing 333 then entering a number they would like to be blocked from calling. For US$0.25 that number will be blocked until 6 A.M. the following day. Now if a wireless company could only prevent you from hitting on your boss's wife at the company Christmas party and take your keys when your cellphone detects you've had too much to drink, it'd really be offering the holiday drunk a true suite of services."


..on second thought...Nahhhh....I like calling Kristin and telling her that I am drinking a lovely drink and she needs to go to work...I like calling Sarah and babbling about Mira eating carrots (not very "drunk" food I know Sarah..but hey..it was all that was worth eating in the house..and she LIKES carrots...ick), or Melanie and telling her that she is awesome and that I am drunk... and Beth...Oh poor Beth.. That woman gets calls from me at all frickin hours and random babble comes out of my mouth..and she puts up with it and still gives SUGA..

My friends ROCK ..seriously...

In case anyone was interested, my birthday was great...except for the throwing up part... Must have been something I ate.. Seriously. No joke. We went out for a lovely dinner... I had 2 glasses of wine and a fabulous asian fusion spicey noodle beef thinger to eat..it was yummy. Until about 10:12..when it came right back up. I have no idea why..

Oh..and also born on the same day as me (aside from Pepi..a friend's daughter who just turned 2)... :

1909 Ethel Merman, U.S. singer and actress, the "Queen of Broadway."

..might explain some cosmic reason for my big frickin mouth and loud voice...

No comments: