Friday, March 10, 2006

Just in case you were wondering...Conan

..I have no idea where my politically, activist charged last few posts came from. Normally I like to keep this sedate and mildly amusing (well at least it is amusing to me).

In case you didn't know, Conon O'Brien is a "god" in Finland. Yes, I know. Not the funniest man on the planet, but I gotta support the hometown boy (jep he is from Boston too)... Well his show is aired here in Finland (3 days delay)...

Long story short...because he got so much fan mail from Finland and because,in an entirely disturbing way, he resembles the female President of Finland (dunno which one of them should feel slighted at that one) he came here in February for a 4 day visit. He even got to meet the Pres.

Well tonight ( March 10th) in the States, his entire show is going to be on his visit to Finland -

So if you were really wondering what the hell Finland looks like in February and also how easy it can be to laugh at yourself and us living here - take a gander at his show tonight....

shamless plug I know..but had to do it...

1 comment:

Kalmanuppi said...

We are planning to declare a national holiday for St.Conan, the Patron State of America. Well, the Americans invented St.Urho to take the piss on the micks and St.Patrick, so why not.We're still debate the date if it should be 3rd of July or 5th of december or just have a piss-up on both. Well, I'm feeling downwind so I'll probably be sleeping on the 17th, and not join the celebration of St.Yrjö the Norwegian the next day ;)