Monday, July 25, 2005

Out..

Right..so I decided to come out. Come out of the "music" closet. I am no longer going to hang my head in shame and make nasty snappy comments when certain music is played on the radio.. Okay here goes: I love Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond. I know all the words to "Can I Have This Dance" by Anne Murray. I have the complete box set of Barbra Striesand. "Do You Know The Way to San Jose" gets my feet tapping and my vocal cords humming..and don't even get me started on the Carpenters - May Karen rest in peace. There I said it. It is like a 200lb gorilla has been lifted from my shoulders...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the light! I have been a very vocal lover of all things easy listening for a while. And really, what is better than Barry White? And topping my list of favorite uncool bands (although not easy listening) the BeeGees! God, I love them!

Anonymous said...

OMG..The BeeGees are awesome! Barry White was a god! ... Thanks K, I knew I could count on you to help me shed my shame wear my love of easy listening music proudly!

Anzi said...

There is no shame in liking music deemed "bad" by the general public. I am proud to say that most anything in the category of "80's heavy metal" gets my seal of approval.
Def Leppard, anyone?

Anonymous said...

Dude, is that Air Supply I hear coming from yer place?

Fusche said...

Doodles..you know it! You are the one who said I look like Rick-farkin-Springfield!

Anonymous said...

la la la la Jesse's Girl....

Anonymous said...

Neil Diamond's "Coming to America" album was the shit.